How to get perfect skin?
Proper nourishment is the key to glowing skin, especially in the winters. Winter skin care is important as cold air strips essential moisture and nutrients from the skin. Before running to the nearby store for a moisturizer, look around in your kitchen first.
Here are nine natural moisturizers for face:
- Honey: Raw, organic honey has anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties and it is a great cleanser. Mix two tablespoons of honey with eight tablespoons of water and apply to skin, allow it to dry, then gently wash with warm water.
- Buttermilk: It removes dead skin cells and speeds cell rejuvenation. Dip a wash cloth in cold buttermilk and lay it on your face for five to ten minutes, rinse gently.
- Olive oil: Its antioxidants create a natural barrier against the harmful effects of the sun. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and two drops of lavender essential oil to a bath for a moisturizing and refreshing effect.
- Castor oil: It’s an effective lubricant for dry patches and hydrates the skin from inside out. Massage the oil onto dry skin every night.
- Coconut oil: This oil is full of collagen-supporting lauric acid and is easily absorbed into the skin Its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties make it a great anti-ager. Find raw, unrefined, virgin organic coconut oil, heat it between your hands to liquify and rub into your skin. Natural moisturizer for face
- Shea butter: Shea Butter is a rich source of vitamins A and E, both of which help to alleviate dry skin, slather it all over your skin to keep it younger.
- Avocado: Their high levels of vitamins like A, D and E help skin retain moisture and work as anti-agers. Rub the inside of the peel lightly on the face. Let the residue sit for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Cucumbers: Vitamins and minerals present in cucumber help to reduce wrinkles and promotes a glowing complexion. Place slices of cucumber over your eyes to remove puffiness. One can also add a few drops of honey to pureed cucumber and make a soothing, hydrating mask.
- Aloe: Aloe Vera is widely used in many skin care products as it helps in moisturizing the skin without leaving it greasy. Carefully cut and peel an aloe Vera leaf to expose the gel inside and apply to skin. Wash with water after 10-15 minutes.